ABOUT SHARI ALTMAN
Shari's professional history -- Where she "learned the ropes" before starting
Altman Dedicated Direct.
Sara Lee Direct Catalog
The McGraw-Hill Companies
Director of Marketing:
planning and database oversight for $165MM One Hanes Place and
Just My Size catalog businesses; including off line
promotion for e-commerce.
prospect media strategy to reduce investment by $250M and increase name
acquisition by 100M+
- Identify testing strategy for creative, offer, and determination of most effective contact strategies
- Identify off-line media plan to drive e-commerce
Director of Continuity
Marketing and New Ventures:
Short and long range planning and
development, and day-to-day operational direction for continuity
programs; including P&L responsibility. Evaluate and advise branded
apparel division management regarding new direct marketing venture
225% increase in net revenues versus prior fiscal period
- Identify/test new brand names and club concepts; negotiate celebrity endorsement for new brand efforts
- Launch of outbound telemarketing efforts and contact strategy incorporating telemarketing
- Oversee extensive creative and offer testing
Director of Marketing:
Strategic direction and day-to-day management of intellectual
properties products (audio, video, books) -- single shots and
continuities. Oversee all marketing functions: new product development,
research, strategic planning, web site/e-commerce, analysis,
fulfillment. Full P&L responsibility.
250% increase in net revenues; $3.7MM in profits versus prior break-even
- Broaden marketing of products to space advertising, direct mail, and spot TV.
- Launch of first company DR radio promotions and direct Canadian marketing efforts.
- Startup staffing plan; implementation of plan and training of staff.
- Design and implement standard reporting and analysis
Director of Mail Order
TAB Books: Strategic direction and management of direct
marketing for aviation, boating, computing, electronics and science
product lines. Direction and management of McGraw-Hill on-line
bookstore. Member of corporate editorial board. Full P&L
of 3 new catalogs; continuity/annual promotions; initiation of Canadian
- 47% increase in net revenues, 72% increase in profits and 19% reduction in head count.
- Negotiated contracts with brokers, m/p, in/outbound telemarketing, printing, lettershop, and creative.
- 5% margin improvement on purchased product for boating
Director of New Member Marketing,
McGraw-Hill Book Clubs: Management of acquisition marketing for six book
clubs. Direct in-house agency: media planning and negotiating, creative,
production, and analysis.
- 46% increase in member enrollments at a 9% lower
cost per member acquired.
- Launch of the Business Week Book Club and start up of in-house DM
Print Media Mgr.
Time-Life Books: Management of print advertising ($12MM+). Manage buying,
planning and production through 4 ad agencies and 2 list brokers, direct
- 20% increase in profits
- launch of 4 new products, launch of PIP media
George Mason University, MBA, 1991 Emphasis: Marketing and Managerial
George Mason University, MA, 1983 Major: Psychology
American University, BA, 1980 Major: Psychology